Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mmmmm, more humble pie please!!

Ok, so remember in the last post how I was talking smack about how great a knitter I am becoming??? Well, I should have known that was just tempting the knitting gods... I am an ass. The little satchel that I was supposed to present my sister with today turned into a TWO FOOT WIDE monstrosity. Yes, I know I am yelling. For the love of all that is holy, it was two freaking feet across. What the hell was I thinking. I just cast on all happy and stupid and continued to be so blissfully impressed with my mad skillz that I got blindsided by my own ignorance!! Ok, Shannon, sure you want to cast on that many stitches when it started out as your sons messenger bag that you felted... felted Shannon, as in stuffed in the wash and watched it shrink. Dear freaking Lord. Cotton doesn't do felting... ya think??

My daughter is an amazing little munchkin, she looked at it and said that looks like a pillow. A pillow, shear freaking genius wrapped in an 8yr old body! So my sister is getting a cute little satchel (already all cast on) and a kick ass matching pillow! That's what I meant to do from the beginning... yeah, that's the ticket! ;)

No comments: