Friday, August 17, 2007

LYS Sock KAL with a side of High School Musical 2

So, if they had fixed my computer the first go around I would have pictures of all the fun I've been having this evening, but that is another story all together...


Anyway, I received today in the mail the first Eleganza Yarns (my LYS) shipment of the Sock Club. So exciting words can not even express. The yarn is beautiful and so soft. Very pretty colorway, "Mendocino", in a 100% Merino Superwash Wool. The yarns for this KAL are hand dyed by Diane Kelly of FireSong Fibers (no website for her). The yarns aren't available for the general public for a whole year, so just those involved in the knit-a-long get to play with it. I feel so Paris Hilton! ;)

My daughter is spending the night at a friends house to watch HSM2, so it was just me and the boy tonight. Oh, don't get me wrong, we had to watch the thing too, but I didn't have to sit through miss thing swooning of Zac or whoever. Though my son can throw down on the dance floor, he was shaking a tail feather for sure. So he shimmied and I wound my ball of pretty pretty yarn. And stuffed my face with all kinds of bad crap for the mother/son bonding. I don't get to hang out with just one or the other very often, so I really look forward to it. Especially after getting so stressed with the two of them at each others throats all the time (I did mention that school starts very shortly, yes??).

So a nice relaxing evening, being silly with my baby boy and playing with yummy yarn. Schweet!

No comments: